Sunday, May 26, 2013

Field Training


We feel so blessed! The military relations couple assigned to Maxwell AFB has been able to have sacrament meeting with the cadets for the past 2 weeks and they emailed us a message from Jacob and some pictures. Technology and missionaries are wonderful!!  Jacob sounds great in his message. We get to see him at graduation on June 11 and we will pick him up and take him to the airport in Montgomery, AL to fly to the MTC in South Africa. A copy of Jacob's messages are below. 

May 18, 2013

"It is not as bad as I thought.  It is good to see a light in the darkness.  I got to bless the sacrament in church today.  So far I have yet to go to bed at 2100 and sometimes they wake us up before 0400.  But usually they wait until 0400, and I am so grateful for it.  I am so tired.  I am so tired. I am so tired.  But so far I am alive.  Although I eat my meals consistently under 5 minutes and at attention, I have still managed to gain weight.  Until next week.
I'll be seeing you.
Love,
 
Jacob
 
Joshua 1:9"

May 25, 2013

"It was so good to hear from from y'all in Sacrament Meeting today!  All of my buddies from BYU came.  It is always good to see them. 
 
While y'all are out at the beach this memorial day, I will be training with my brothers and sister.  We are transferring to Mississippi on Monday for deployment training.  It puts things into perspective.  I have a new appreciation for the men and women who lay down their lives and careers to give y'all the freedom to celebrate and speak freely.  We sacrifice ourselves and stand at attention and eat fast and go without music and sleep so you don't have to.  I appreciate the honor I have to be here.
 
Happy Memorial Day!
I'll be seeing you.
Love Jacob
 
John 15:13
I am so blessed to have this gospel.  It is why I am in Maxwell and why in 18 days I fly to Africa to tell my family there how much their Father cares about them."


No comments:

Post a Comment