Saturday, August 24, 2013

Week 7

August 5, 2013

How is everyone?  I wouldn't know because I am not getting so many emails!  Come on, y'all, it is only 2 months into my mission!  Ah, it's okay.  I have enough to occupy my time though.  Seriously, it is so busy here.  We work work work and on top of working hard every day I am also trying to learn a language!  Wow!  
I  heard from Josh Capps.  His birthday was yesterday and mine is tomorrow.  Woohoo I am excited!  And what is more, I finally brought my journal this week.  So here is how my week went.

July 29, 2013
Monday
Went to see the animals.  Y'all saw that.  Did you see my sunburn?  I'll attach that picture.  It is bad and I am now peeling.  So my list of probable cancers I will get from my mission is now lung and skin.



July 30, 2013
Tuesday
The sunburn hurts so badly..  I turn my whole body sometimes so I don't have to move my neck too much.  We saw Proba, the Sri Lankan mama, and also Eric and a few other people.  But Eric is one of my favorites because he answers all the questions and takes notes during lessons and just wants to meet us.  He is golden.  The best part of the day though is when we got home and Elder Ledwaba told me "Your teaching has improved kabisa."  He said that I am getting really good now.

July 31, 2013
Wednesday
Today was a super quick day.  We went to Nairobi for District Meeting.  The new quads are out!!  AHHHH I am going to get one next week.  I brought $40, but it is in USD and I have no idea where to go to switch it to KSh.  But when I do, I will be RICH!!  And where am I going to blow $40?  On the new scriptures! 

August 1, 2013
Thursday
Today is Elder Ledwaba's 24th birthday.  We went to the Sri Lankans in the evening and they made the COOLEST cake.  You'll see in the pictures.  Well, hopefully my mom will attach them because I won't.  It was just a great night.  The day was rough because we got bounced like a basketball, but the night was wonderful because I spent it with 8 of my closest friends here.  The Sri Lankans are great.  They don't really know a lot about any kind of gospel, Hindu or Christian, but they are so Christlike.  They have so little, but they give so much.


August 2, 2013
Friday
Today was a friends birthday.  He is an "investigator."  We went there first thing, so at 12 or so, and he and his girlfriend were drunk out of their minds.  They played house music so so so so so loud and made us dance around for over an hour.  It was kind of funny.  Then they got really serious and the girlfriend sat us down and said "Please help us.  My friend needs to change.  He drinks too much.  I drink too, but I don't get into trouble."

August 3, 2013
Saturday
Such a long day.  We were busy busy and we saw so many people.  We watched Rio in the evening and it was pretty fantastic.  

August 4, 2013
Sunday
Church was awesome.  Just powerful and full of the spirit.  The Athi River boys now have yet another guy on baptism date.  They are on fire!  We are struggling in Kitengela.  The AP's came and went on splits with us.  We got Elder Schneider (Idaho Falls, Idaho).  We went to visit the Sri Lankans and since he had never met them he just said whatever he wanted to.  Which was kind of wonderful.  Their son, Laddys (lad-EEs), was really sick.  So Elder Schneider told them about the priesthood blessings and showed them in James where it talks about that.  They were so grateful and wanted Laddys to get one.  So Elder Schneider anointed the boy and I sealed the blessing.  It was POWERFUL.  All in all, great week.

So I hope to hear from y'all in the upcoming week!

Love,
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment