Monday, September 02, 2013

August 26, 2013


So not much this week.  It was a really hard week for me.  I was sick, but I didn't tell my companion because I didn't want to stay inside all week.  So we went out and worked every day.  It was possibly the wrong decision for me because everything was just hotter and I was hungrier.  But we got a lot of work done!

Our water was out Fri-Sun and then Sunday night our power went out so we did everything by candlelight when we got home...  What an experience!

We walked so much this week.  We saw so many people.  It was hotter than any week so far.  We did WORK.  But through all of the pain and struggle, it has been easier to recognize the little miracles that our Heavenly Father gives to us that really keep me taking those next few steps.  You know the story of the pioneer who was pushing the cart and when they felt they couldn't go any further they felt someone pushing the cart from behind.  When they looked back, no one was there.  That is how I feel almost daily.  It is quite often where I feel like I could just give up right then and go home and I would be so relieved, and then I decide I need to keep going, and when I start taking the next few steps I feel like someone is actually lifting me and pushing me onwards toward that next house that most likely will be a bounce.  It is so wonderful, and terrible, and hot, and mosquito-infested, and I love it.  It is seriously a blessing.  Sometimes I am upset I got called from my beautiful home in the South to come to Kenya of all places, but it is so much more of a blessing than I could ever begin to appreciate.

The church is true!

The Book of Mormon is the word of the Lord!  Read it!  Share it!

Love,
Elder Dick



No comments:

Post a Comment