Thursday, October 24, 2013

October 15, 2013


Jambo!  So this week has probably been the craziest week so far on my mission.  It started off really slow but certainly picked up toward the end.  We have been focusing on reactivating those that are inactive in our area, which is a lot of members...

This week was the hottest week so far, no doubt, and it only got hotter.  Friday was the hottest day I remember, but then Saturday came.  Then Sunday came.  Then Monday came.  And time and time again I kept thinking "wow, this couldn't get any hotter."  Then it did the next day.  So I am going to stop thinking of that.

But here is a cool Sunday night story.  Sunday was missionary Sunday so we talked and gave lessons in church.  The coolest part was the music (because that was my job).  The four of us Elders did a special musical number singing "I Feel My Saviors Love."  It brought such a strong spirit into the meeting.

Sunday night.  We went to the Sri Lankans to be with them.  There was a funny looking symbol made of chapati flour outside of the door and they asked us to take off our shoes and then they washed our feet and brought us into their back room where there is a shrine to all the Hindu gods.  They had us bow our heads and pray with them to some god and then sprinkled holy water on us and put red dots on our heads!!  No worries though, we ended the lesson with a prayer to the real Mungu (God), Bwana Wetu.  



Monday we went to KICC, this big building that is a tourist attraction in Nairobi.  We went as a zone activity.  What a fun event!  We then went to Java House which makes some really nice American food.  It was great until we got the check...  I got a double cheeseburger and a brownie sundae.  Usually my lunch will cost a little under 200/-, but this tab was 1,270/-... Ouch.




I love all y'all!  Keep the gospel!

Love,
Elder Dick
--
Kenya Nairobi Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment