Saturday, November 09, 2013

October 29, 2013

Hey everyone!

I wish I could write a great email and tell everyone about all the baptisms we had on Sunday and how the ward is growing at an exponential rate.  Unfortunately, we had zero investigators come to church and then my companion and I spent all day yesterday inside of our flat because we were sick as dogs.  Missionary work isn't all a basket of roses.  No one said it would be easy, but everyone says it's worth it.

My companion might be getting deported to Tanzania this next week.  The Kenyan presiden got offended at Obama for pushing for some trials he was involved in. The Kenya leader was allegedly involved in some sketchy inter-tribal fights that included assassinations, possibly paid for byhimself.  Anyways, he is now denying all visas and work permits for anyone having anything to do with the US and since the church is "US based" all the recent missionaries are getting their papers denied, including missionaries just from SA or Zim.




Look at his shirt!  Found this cute little boy outside the Sri Lankan's house :)

Jacob and Elder Russell....just a little bit of rain

Check out my pictures on Google Plus!  So sorry I didn't email yesterday.  I was kind of busy.

Love all y'all,
Elder Dick

--
Elder Dick
Kenya Nairobi Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment