Monday, October 07, 2013

October 7, 2013

Jambo!

So this past week has been a week of amazing growth for myself, my companion, and the ward that we serve in.  We really tried to focus this week on the less active members of the ward and we visited many of them.  We also had developed a ward mission plan that is sure to help things out for the Athi River Ward.

We were unable to watch General Conference, but to make up for it we went to a Seventh Day Adventist church on Saturday.  We went as a deal with one of our investigators that if we went to their church on Saturday then they would come to ours on Sunday.  We, being missionaries, were completely honest.  In the words of Horton "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, and an Elder is faithful, one hundred percent."  So we kept up our end of the deal.  The investigator, however, did not.  In fact no one we wanted to come to church actually came...  It was a bit frustrating, but the only direction to go is up!

I love you all.  Sorry for being short this week.  Check out my pictures on Google Plus!



Goat meat and rice....yummmmmm!


Jacob and Elder Russell waving to my (Mom's) class.


Love,
Elder Dick

PS - I found a scripture that describes the level of coolness in this companionship.. Ether 2:17 - They were exceedingly tight.


Elder Jacob K. Dick
Kenya Nairobi Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment