Sunday, October 06, 2013

September 30, 2013

So this week has been a week of amazing growth for both my companion and me.  We finally figured out exactly what we need to do to get this ward to grow.  We sat down last night when we usually chill and we wrote a ward mission plan to get things going.  We are on fire!

This Elder is a spiritual giant.  He just doesn't know it yet.  He isn't too great at finding scriptures that relate to the lesson or in saying exactly the right thing when it needs to be said or in not being rude to people, but when it comes to bearing a testimony this guy can bring the spirit in an instant.  And those other things will come from being on his mission.

We have been focusing more on the less active and recent convert's to the ward.  We still teach new investigators, but we are really trying to focus on retention and getting those inactive members reactivated.  It is a struggle sometimes getting the ward to work with us, but it is definitely what the Lord wants us to do.

The only thing is...  Inactive members are way harder to get to church than nonmembers.  HELP YOUR LOCAL MISSIONARIES!

I am writing a talk for the mission newsletter.  Maybe I will send it out next week so all y'all can read it.  But that is why this one is so short this week!  

I love all y'all!  I miss the South and I miss grits and barbecue and the ocean breeze, but I love this gospel.  The church is true and the Book of Mormon is my favorite book because I have seen what it can do to someone.  Pick it up and read it!

Love,
Elder Dick

--
Elder Dick
Kenya Nairobi Mission
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints


No comments:

Post a Comment