Sunday, May 11, 2014

April 28, 2014

Week 45

We were praying at a less-active members home.  It was the first time we had seen him or his family ever.  Everyone was a member except for his sister (they are older, 40-60 years old).  I was saying the prayer.  Toward the middle of the prayer the nonmember sister started saying "Jehovah Jehovah Isaiah-saiah-saiah..."  It is not all that odd for people to talk during our prayers and say "Halelujah, praise Jesus, Amen, bless Him," etc.  But this one was a bit different. Nevertheless, I proceeded.  So did she.  She got louder and louder and she started shaking until she was screaming literally at the top of her lungs!  (I stopped speaking)  "JEHOVAH!  JESUS!  ISAIAH!  JEHOVAH! ISAIAH-SAIAH-SAIah-saiah-saiah..."  And she got quieter and quieter until I finally said "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  All of us (my companion, our member that came with us, and me) were absolutely terrified that she had been possessed.  If anyone asks "How is Kenya?" That is how.

My first area was pretty dead, and it was beyond resurrection.  I know there are no such things as "dead areas" but I worked in one.  Only six members the whole area, and three were inactive.  The church
wasn't even in the town, and no one could afford to go.

My second area I only worked in it at most half of the time.  The other half was spent in the office.

So this is now my first area where there is a ton of work to do.  I feel like I am learning to be a missionary all over again.  It is actually really difficult!  But I at least feel satisfied when I get home at night.

When I am working I am working hard, but when I am idle (at night, in a matatu, etc.) I am thinking about home.  Is that bad?  I have never thought about life before mission so darn much!  I can work hard when I need to, but other than that I am just thinking about home like crazy!

Love,
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment