Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 3, 2014

Everyone,

First off, the important stuff.  How in the world is Duke doing?  I heard that they were ranked third, which would be surprising except for the fact that they are the best team (currently third best).  Where is UNC?  42nd?



Secondly, I have had a trial recently in recognizing spiritual promptings.  I realized my mistake so clearly when I listened to a talk from Elder Bednar in Oct 2011.  I had been receiving spiritual guidance and I didn't even know it (D&C 6).  It was a big struggle because I thought I wasn't getting an answer to my prayers.  My prayer was that I could KNOW that this gospel is true with all of the things that go with it instead of believing.  I thought I was going to get a huge spiritual manifestation, but instead the Lord saw fit that I be taught from the time I was born line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.  I never realized that all this time I was growing in knowledge and testimony until I can now say that without a doubt I KNOW that Jesus Christ is my Lord.  From my head to my toes, there is not an ounce of doubt.  I did not need an angel and the Lord knew that.  I could not have gained my testimony in any other way than he had me.

Go Duke!  

Love,
Elder Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment