Saturday, February 22, 2014

February 10, 2014


What an up and down week.  Let me just quickly update everyone on what was going on.  We have been having visa problems.  3 visas FINALLY got approved so we are getting 3 missionaries that were serving in South Africa this week.  On the flipside, 6 visas were denied and they ran out so 6
missionaries are being deported to Tanzania.  It is week 4 of the 6 week transfer, so it is really hectic.  The good news: Langata is basically the next area over to the east of my area (not in my zone).
The missionaries that were serving there are both getting deported so guess who is replacing one of them?  My friend, Elder Russell!  We will see each other a lot!  I miss that guy.  It has been about 4 months plus some change since I have seen him and a lot has happened since then.  I am sure his Swahili is prime whereas all I can show for my time in the office is a few nicely done spreadsheets. At least I can apply my skills somewhere.




In other news, on Friday of last week I spent 9 hours in traffic and went a whopping 16km.  I thought I missed driving.


Nope.




Love,
Elder Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment